Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Dot Com is Back!
Make a button with rounded corners EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 8:57 pm by Dot Com

» Im back
Make a button with rounded corners EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 9:37 pm by ToXic

» Summer of '07
Make a button with rounded corners EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 7:41 pm by ToXic

» Cool website.
Make a button with rounded corners EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 12:35 am by ToXic

» ToXic Here:)
Make a button with rounded corners EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 12:34 am by ToXic

» Get your own wallpaper (Wallpaper Template)
Make a button with rounded corners EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 12:32 am by ToXic

» Acid Blue
Make a button with rounded corners EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 12:29 am by ToXic

» Hello
Make a button with rounded corners EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 8:52 pm by MrMario

» Well...
Make a button with rounded corners EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 5:10 pm by Green CoW

Keywords

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Statistics
We have 82 registered users
The newest registered user is gavmarie

Our users have posted a total of 1591 messages in 217 subjects
Poll

What genre of music are you into?

Make a button with rounded corners I_vote_lcap35%Make a button with rounded corners I_vote_rcap 35% [ 7 ]
Make a button with rounded corners I_vote_lcap5%Make a button with rounded corners I_vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
Make a button with rounded corners I_vote_lcap20%Make a button with rounded corners I_vote_rcap 20% [ 4 ]
Make a button with rounded corners I_vote_lcap30%Make a button with rounded corners I_vote_rcap 30% [ 6 ]
Make a button with rounded corners I_vote_lcap0%Make a button with rounded corners I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Make a button with rounded corners I_vote_lcap10%Make a button with rounded corners I_vote_rcap 10% [ 2 ]
Make a button with rounded corners I_vote_lcap0%Make a button with rounded corners I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 20

Who is online?
In total there are 33 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 33 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Mon Jul 01, 2024 6:54 pm

Make a button with rounded corners

+2
Spear
Van1lla
6 posters

:: Graphics :: Tutorials

Go down

Make a button with rounded corners Empty Make a button with rounded corners

Post by Van1lla Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:44 am

Open GIMP and create a new image (I chose 420×300), create a new layer (Layer > New Layer) called ‘color’, with fill type of transparency.

We’ll begin by making a selection for the button shape. Press R for the rectangular select tool and make a selection by clicking and dragging, then release when your happy with the size and shape of the selection, mine is 200×50 (the size of the selection is displayed in the bottom of the image window when making a selection):
Make a button with rounded corners Ref-1
Now we want to round off the corners, go Select > Rounded Rectangle and set radius to 40%. Choose a color of your choice (I chose #007BFF) and fill the selection on the new layer using the fill tool (SHIFT+B) or using the CTRL+, shortcut.Make a button with rounded corners Ref-2
Now we want to add some highlights to give the button some depth. Create another new layer called ‘topHighlight’ with fill type of transparency, then go Select > Shrink and shrink by 2px. Now press R (rectangular select tool) and change the mode to subtract in the tool options:
Make a button with rounded corners Ref-3
Then make a selection from the bottom left corner of the button to just over half way up; press L (Gradient tool) and change the gradient type to ‘FG to Transparent’:
Make a button with rounded corners Ref-4
Press D then X to reset and swap the colors so that white is now the foreground color, now click and drag (whilst holding the CTRL button to get a nice straight gradient) from top to bottom of the selection and let go to make the highlight.
Make a button with rounded corners Ref-5
Now right click on the ‘color’ layer in the layers window, and choose ‘Alpha to Selection’. Create a new layer called ‘bottomHighlight’ with fill type of transparency, then go Select > Shrink and shrink by 4px. Press R (rectangular select tool) and make a selection from the top left corner of the button to just over half way down.
Make a button with rounded corners Ref-6
Press L (Gradient tool) and click and drag (whilst holding the CTRL button) from bottom to top of the selection, then set the opacity of the layer to 20%.
Make a button with rounded corners Ref-7
Press CTRL+SHIFT+A to deselect, then go Filters > Blur > Blur to soften the bottom highlight.

Time to add some text, press T for the text tool and enter your text (mine is ‘URW Gothic L Semi-Bold Not-Rotated’ at 26px). The text looks a bit flat, so we’ll make a few tweaks; right-click the text layer and choose ‘Alpha to Selection’ then go Select > Grow and grow by 1px. Create a new layer called ‘textBorder’ and fill the selection with #4B4B4B, move the layer below the text layer in the layer stack (Layer > Stack > Lower Layer) then deselect (CTRL+SHIFT+A).

With the ‘textBorder’ layer still active, go Filters > Light and Shadow > Drop Shadow (GIMP 2.2 users go Script-Fu > Shadow > Drop Shadow) set x and y offsets to 0, blur radius to 8 and opacity to 20%.Make a button with rounded corners Ref-8
To finish off we’ll add a soft drop shadow to the button; select the ‘color’ layer in the layer stack, then go Filters > Light and Shadow > Drop Shadow (GIMP 2.2 users go Script-Fu > Shadow > Drop Shadow) set x and y offsets to 0, blur radius to 4 and opacity to 30%.

Saving the image for use: right-click the ‘color’ layer and choose ‘Alpha to Selection‘ then go Select > Grow and grow by 5px, then go Image > Crop Image. Hide the background layer by clicking on the little eye icon to the left of the layer.

Now save it as ‘myButton.png’ (File > Save As).

NOTE: make sure that you change the select mode to normal for the rectangular select tool when finished (first button).
Van1lla
Van1lla
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 449
Warning :
Make a button with rounded corners Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Make a button with rounded corners Right_bar_bleue

Extra Rank: : Make a button with rounded corners Gfx_de10
Registration date : 2008-06-26

https://graphics.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Make a button with rounded corners Empty Re: Make a button with rounded corners

Post by Spear Wed Jul 02, 2008 1:08 am

i can make rounded corners in 2 seconds
Spear
Spear
Members
Members

Number of posts : 50
Warning :
Make a button with rounded corners Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Make a button with rounded corners Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Dot Com Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:48 am

Anime you may want to check your pictures I can't see them. Very Happy
Thanks
~Dot Com
Dot Com
Dot Com
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 78
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Van1lla Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:29 pm

i think the link is broken.
Van1lla
Van1lla
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 449
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-06-26

https://graphics.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

Post by †Andrew† Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:35 am

when you go on properties, and use the url you can see them.

†Andrew†

Number of posts : 2
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Helio Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:42 pm

How do you open a 'GIMP'?

Helio

Number of posts : 7
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Green CoW Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:52 pm

Gimp is a graphics application!
http://www.gimp.org/
Green CoW
Green CoW
GFX Designers
GFX Designers

Number of posts : 122
Warning :

Registration date : 2008-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Graphics :: Tutorials

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum