Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Latest topics
» Dot Com is Back!
how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP EmptySat Aug 08, 2009 8:57 pm by Dot Com

» Im back
how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP EmptySun Feb 15, 2009 9:37 pm by ToXic

» Summer of '07
how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 7:41 pm by ToXic

» Cool website.
how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 12:35 am by ToXic

» ToXic Here:)
how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 12:34 am by ToXic

» Get your own wallpaper (Wallpaper Template)
how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 12:32 am by ToXic

» Acid Blue
how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 12:29 am by ToXic

» Hello
how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP EmptyMon Dec 29, 2008 8:52 pm by MrMario

» Well...
how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP EmptyTue Nov 25, 2008 5:10 pm by Green CoW

Keywords

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

Statistics
We have 82 registered users
The newest registered user is gavmarie

Our users have posted a total of 1591 messages in 217 subjects
Poll

What genre of music are you into?

how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP I_vote_lcap35%how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP I_vote_rcap 35% [ 7 ]
how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP I_vote_lcap5%how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP I_vote_rcap 5% [ 1 ]
how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP I_vote_lcap20%how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP I_vote_rcap 20% [ 4 ]
how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP I_vote_lcap30%how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP I_vote_rcap 30% [ 6 ]
how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP I_vote_lcap0%how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP I_vote_lcap10%how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP I_vote_rcap 10% [ 2 ]
how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP I_vote_lcap0%how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]

Total Votes : 20

Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 31 on Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:17 am

how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP

2 posters

:: Graphics :: Tutorials

Go down

how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP Empty how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP

Post by Van1lla Sun Jun 29, 2008 7:35 am

1. Open image in GIMP.
2. Right click the image and go to LAYERS then ADD ALPHA CHANNEL. Nothing obvious happens, but this step adds a transparent layer underneath your image so that when colors are erased (more later) the image shows the transparent layer and show whatever under it on the screen.
3. Right click on the image again and go to SELECT and then down to BY COLOR. A window that is all black opens up. Don't change any of the settings....just use the defaults for now.
4. Click mouse cursor on the color in the image you want to be transparent. This color will now show up outlined.
5. Right click on the image again and go to EDIT and then down to CLEAR. This erases the outlined color, leaving the image and the "transparent GIMP checker-box" replacing the color selected in previous step. This is the Gimp's way of indicating that the section is now transparent.
6. Right click on the image and choose SAVE AS -- make sure to save as a GIF file if you want the transparency to work on the web.
Van1lla
Van1lla
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 449
Warning :
how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP Right_bar_bleue

Extra Rank: : how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP Gfx_de10
Registration date : 2008-06-26

https://graphics.niceboard.com

Back to top Go down

how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP Empty Re: how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP

Post by Dot Com Mon Jun 30, 2008 2:10 am

Thank You this helped me so much. I just downloaded GIMP and I have been trying to figure this out for days. I used to use paint.net.
~Dot Com
Dot Com
Dot Com
Global Mod
Global Mod

Number of posts : 78
Warning :
how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP Right_bar_bleue

Extra Rank: : how to create a transparent GIF using GIMP Gfx_de10
Registration date : 2008-06-30

Back to top Go down